Exhausting your Promises in Madrid –
an update of recent developments in IP law
Presented on Tuesday, November 7, 2017
Exhausting your Promises in Madrid – an update of recent developments in IP law
- Vincent Yip, Counsel, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Beth Macdonald, Counsel, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
Join us for an overview of recent developments in IP law. During this webinar, members of our National Intellectual Property team will discuss:
- The impact of the Supreme Court of Canada's decision in AstraZeneca Canada Inc. v. Apotex Inc. abolishing the promise doctrine in patent law;
- Progress on the implementation of the Madrid Protocol and Nice Classification for trademarks;
- The contrast between the patent exhaustion principle in Canada and the US Supreme Court's decision in Impression Products, Inc. v. Lexmark International, Inc.; and
- Global intellectual property injunctions (the Canadian Supreme Court's precedent setting decision to uphold a worldwide injunction – Google v. Equustek).
This program qualifies for up to 1.5 hours of eligible educational activity or CPD/MCE credit under the mandatory education regimes in British Columbia, Ontario and Québec.