NAFTA, Trump and Canada:
What does it mean for your business?
Presented on Thursday, October 26, 2017
NAFTA, Trump and Canada: What does it mean for your business?
- Simon Potter, Counsel, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- John Boscariol, Partner, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Wayne Wouters, Council, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- David Plunkett, Trade treaty expert
With uncertainty surrounding North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) renegotiations, Canadian companies should anticipate a profound impact on their business strategies. During this seminar, panelists will discuss what industries are most likely to be subject to NAFTA amendments, and how your business can protect itself in light of these changes. We’ll seek to answer questions such as:
• What are the possible downsides particularly in connection with supply contracts and rules of origin?
• What can my business do with other industry players and governments to influence the NAFTA renegotiations?
• If NAFTA benefits are at risk, have I investigated alternative opportunities, such as those arising through the new Canada-EU free trade agreement?
Join our McCarthy Tétrault lawyers, Simon Potter, John Boscariol, McCarthy Tétrault's counsel Wayne Wouters, a long-term Clerk of the Privy Council, as well as trade treaty expert David Plunkett, for an informative and practically useful discussion.
This program qualifies for up to 2 hours of eligible educational activity or CPD credit under the mandatory education regimes in British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec.