The Application of GDPR to Canadian businesses:
Are you ready?
Presented on Thursday, May 10, 2018
The Application of GDPR to Canadian businesses: Are you ready?
- Charles Morgan, Partner, McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Carl Boutet, Chief Retail Strategist, StudioRx
- David Dadoun, Director of Business Intelligence and Data Governance, Aldo Group
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which introduces wide ranging new data protection obligations, will take effect on May 25, 2018. Many Canadian business are still unsure whether or not the new EU data protection legislation will apply to their activities and, if so, what changes to their business practices will be required to help ensure compliance? Please join us at our Montreal office and online as we discuss what steps to take now to reduce risk of sanctions to your business under the new regulation.
Topics will include :
• The relevant tests for assessing the application of the GDPR
• High priority compliance steps and risk mitigation strategies
• Anticipating and overcoming implementation challenges
• GDPR compliance & data governance from the perspective of a global retailer
This program qualifies for up to 1.5 hours of eligible educational activity or CPD/MCE credit under the mandatory education regimes in British Columbia, Ontario and Québec.